Western Aerospace Centre Prize
Encouraging the further professional development of young engineers living and working in the West of England and South Wales.
The Prize is a recognition of continuing professional development for young engineers following graduation with a first degree.
This is a chance to represent your company or organisation, to gain exposure to senior aerospace representatives from industry and academia, and for employers to encourage professional development amongst their engineers.
- Young engineers living and working in the West of England and South Wales, UK.
The format of the competition is intended to test the technical, business and communication skills required of an engineer when preparing and delivering a presentation to a symposium.
- A 750 word abstract, summarising the author’s work on an aerospace-related research or development project, must be submitted to your company or university’s IMechE representative.
- They will review the applications and submit one entry from your organisation to the Western Aerospace Centre.
- The selected finalists will be invited to give a 20 minute presentation at the Presentation Evening at the University of Bristol, in front of a panel including engineering directors from the region’s leading aerospace organisations.
Value of award
- The overall winner will receive a £500 first prize
- Runner up cash prizes will also be awarded in two categories:
- post-graduate students in full time education
- engineers in industry
- The four finalists will have a full day with the Red Arrows.
Closing date: 18 March 2021.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.