Visiting the Library and Members' Hub
The Library and Members' Hub will be open between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday. It will be closed between 12 pm and 1pm for cleaning.
All visitors, including members, need to book a slot to enable us to maintain safety requirements.
Please book either a morning or an afternoon slot or both, if you wish to visit for the full day.
Please contact: email@example.com 020 7973 1274 if you have any questions.
Making a booking
- To book a visit to use the Library and Members' Hub, please use the link above; you need to book even if you are intending to drop off or pick up library materials or stay and study
- Visits to use the Library and Members' Hub can be booked or cancelled up to 1 hour in advance.
- To make an appointment to view material from our Archive collections please see the Archive Bookings section below
- If you wish to view journal back-issues please let us know in your booking, so that they can be retrieved from our basement store in advance of your visit
- Two computers are available, which need to booked in advance, and will be cleaned between sessions.
Archive bookings only
- To book an appointment please contact the Archivist: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7973 1265
- Bookings need to be made two weeks in advance
- All material must be requested in advance of a visit. We will be unable to make any on the day retrievals
- A member of the Library and Archive staff will be seated close by to invigilate your visit but will maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Hygiene is essential - please use the hand sanitiser on entry
- Desks and chairs will be spaced in accordance with social distancing requirements, and there will be reduced capacity across the Library and Members' Hub
- The self-service printer/scanner will be available
- To protect Library Staff their office area will be restricted to staff only, but they will be on hand to assist with enquiries
- Tea/coffee and water is available please use the wipes and sanitiser available
- Newspapers are currently unavailable
- We will be quarantining materials returned to the library and after archive visits so some items may be temporarily unavailable
- Our usual archive handling guidelines will apply for archive bookings
- Please do not attend an appointment if you or anybody in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms or is self-isolating
- We will be keeping a secure temporary record of your visit and your contact details for 21 days after which it will be destroyed. During this time your information may be shared with NHS Test and Trace service if necessary
- These measures will be kept under review and may change at short notice.