Roy is a Henley Business School Executive Coach and Chartered Engineer with 18 years’ experience working with international energy companies. Positions held in engineering, operations, major projects and functional leadership with organisations such as Total, E.ON and Premier Oil.
Roy also has an MBA from Vlerick Business School, Belgium, a MEng from the University of Aberdeen, and he is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and has received Henley Business School’s Professional Certificate in Coaching.
Coaching to Roy is a partnership based on mutual trust and respect that ultimately leads to greater awareness and responsibility for your objectives. His approach is to use open questions and active listening to facilitate a dialogue that stimulates self-awareness leading to new insights and personal responsibility. The tools and techniques that he uses are based on behavioural, person-centred and systemic approaches. Roy makes time to explore your goals and context; long and short term. He is keen to understand your values and strengths in order to best inform the work you’ll do together.
What to expect
Coachees are expected to be engaged, open and committed. Roy’s role is to facilitate the coaching process, provide support and challenge to the coachee. Thinking and reflection will be required throughout, and between sessions.
- Emphasis on powerful questions
- Assessments or pre-work where required
- Accountability for your goals and actions
- Space and time to think
Project management · Consulting · Engineering recruitment and development · Major projects · Mentoring
Calming, attentive, respectful, partnering, challenging and committed.
High Potential · Engineering · STEM · Leadership · Transition · Career Development
Qualifications and memberships
- Professional Certificate in Coaching - Henley Business School (UK)
- MBA Master of Business Administration - Vlerick Business School (Belgium)
- MEng Master of Mechanical Engineering - University of Aberdeen (UK)
- CEng Chartered Engineer - Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)