Awarded to groups of up to eight members of the Institution to support engineering-related group activities.
Typical activities include:
- Attending a conference
- Taking part in a competition, event, or activity
- Undertaking a group project as part of a degree course.
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a member of the Institution from anywhere in the world
- All members of the group must be members of the Institution.
- Your group must have no more than eight members.
- After the event has completed the award holder is required to submit a report to the committee. The committee may, at their discretion, ask for a presentation to the committee in lieu of a report.
- Successful applicants may not reapply for the same event within three years of a successful award.
- Up to £500 per qualifying group member.
Closing date: None.
You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.
- Individual application, by the group coordinator on behalf of the group.
- You must submit your completed application form at least one month before the activity.
- You can’t submit an application after the activity has taken place.
You must provide three references to support your application:
- 1st reference: Must be from someone who can provide an academic/professional reference. This reference should state the current and potential academic/professional achievements of all members of the group and explain how the group project activity will benefit each member of the group.
- 2nd reference: Must be from someone who can explain the group project activity and how it will benefit each member of your group.
- 3rd reference: Must be from someone who can provide a personal reference for each member of your group.
Submit your completed forms to email@example.com