Gain an understanding of metal and alloy corrosion, and the technologies available for prevention.
This one-day technical course will support you in understanding and describing the various mechanisms by which metals and alloys corrode and the technologies available for prevention.
The knowledge gained will enable you to specify the correct materials and/or processes for applications in which corrosion is an issue and hence to save money through enhanced product performance and lifetime.
This course will be delivered using interactive virtual classroom technology.
Who should attend?
Engineers and designers of all disciplines involved in the supply of metals and alloys to industries in which corrosion is an issue. The course is also applicable to production and technical staff concerned with the specification, selection and application of corrosion-resistant materials.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Explain the basic principles of corrosion.
• Identify corrosion mechanisms that occur in aqueous and gaseous environments.
• Describe the processes for prevention of corrosion.
• Understand corrosion resisting metals and alloys.
• Identify, limit or prevent corrosion.