This course will provide you with an appreciation of electrical engineering principles and the ability to interact effectively with colleagues regarding electrical issues.
Within the course you will have the opportunity to analyse basic electrical components and their features and benefits.
You will also gain an understanding of your responsibilities in the context of Electricity at Work regulations.
4 virtual classes (VCs) of up to 2 hours each.
Session 1: Electrical Fundamentals
Session 2: Electrical safety and types of electrical components
Session 3: Motors and Motor controls
Session 4: Protection devices & Electrical regulations
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for engineers and non-engineers at all levels.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of electrical engineering
• Appreciate your responsibilities under current health and safety legislation
• Understand the terminology used in electrical engineering
• Appreciate the dangers and safety procedures associated with electrical engineering
• Effectively converse on electrical topics with electrical personal
• Develop your own understanding of electrical systems in your work environment