Gain the skills and knowledge to be an effective member of the procurement team.
Providing engineers with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to be an effective member of (or to support) the procurement team.
This one-day course will help you secure vital resources including equipment, materials and services – thereby delivering value for the organisation from both local and global supply markets.
To ensure that the learning is embedded into the fabric of your organisation, the course uses engineering context-based case studies and activities. This is a participator and delegate-centred workshop with emphasis on the practical application of the tools, techniques and templates required to be successful. You’ll also leave with a clear action plan to take back into the workplace.
Who should attend?
Engineers with direct or indirect responsibility for procurement, including those in supply chain management, contracting, transport and logistics groups,
project managers or finance.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of procurement that will enable engineers to effectively secure resources
- Apply a range of tools and techniques to ensure the engineering organisation secures value for money, quality and fit for purpose outcomes
- Appreciate the commercial importance of effective procurement and enhancing its contribution to effective cost management
- Develop effective specifications and scopes of works
- Undertake robust supplier and contractor evaluation
- Appreciate the benefits of both local and global sourcing
- Develop appropriate procurement strategies and plans to ensure the timely delivery of quality materials and services
- Appreciate the legalities involved in procurement and the forming of contract