Apply the best approaches, tools and techniques to ensure assets are reliable and perform well.
This course aims to provide a thorough understanding of machinery and equipment reliability issues and how to achieve and sustain world class levels of reliability and performance whilst optimising maintenance expenditure through the application of best practice maintenance approaches, tools and techniques.
All of the structures and processes required to establish and sustain a truly world class maintenance system will be discussed.
The course explores the different maintenance strategies that could be employed along with the latest approaches, tools and techniques and the practical steps needed to achieve world class levels of performance.
Practical examples, guidelines and checklists will be provided as part of the course documentation
Delivered using virtual classroom technology, each of the three 4-hour virtual classrooms (VC) will focus on different topics:
- VC 1
Introduction and maintenance basics
Understanding and measuring machinery reliability
Maintenance approaches, tools and techniques
- VC 2
Failure analysis and continuous improvement
Developing maintenance plans
- VC 3
Providing spare parts and materials
Organising for maintenance
Achieving and sustaining world class maintenance
Course summary and assessment of learning
Who should attend?
Engineering, asset, maintenance and reliability managers and aspiring managers working within or supporting manufacturing, industrial, utilities or commercial sectors with responsibility for the application and improvement of maintenance plans and procedures.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the main issues regarding asset reliability and how maintenance should address these
- Develop a robust maintenance strategy for your organisation which will incorporate all of the necessary requirements for best practice
- Identify the structures and processes necessary for your organisation to implement and support world class levels of maintenance
- Recognise and address the organisational and cultural issues associated with the introduction, implementation and sustainment of world class maintenance practices
- Lead and inspire your team to embrace and apply maintenance best practice to meet your organisational goals
- Develop and use performance management through the application of relevant metrics and KPIs for maintenance and reliability