Practical steps to help you make the successful transition into management.
The transition into management is both challenging and exciting, so it is important to ensure that you have a plan in place for when it happens.
During this online workshop, you will discover ways to become an effective and inspiring manager, including assessing your behavioural style and the impact that it has on others, as well as understanding how to flex your communication for maximum impact.
You will discover the importance of personal and organisational values and how they can drive your leadership style, helping you to support the culture and team and align your efforts with the business.
You will learn about assertive communication and how it can better motivate your team and offer clear direction, whilst demonstrating confidence and enthusiasm - essential qualities of a successful future manager.
During the workshop, you will also receive valuable insight and feedback on your style, and learn how to develop it further to help manage the various stakeholders. Such knowledge will enable you to build your own compelling personal brand, which demonstrates your unique leadership style - an important facet in your career progression and strengthening your internal and external presence.
This course will be delivered as three virtual classes (VCs) of 90 minutes each:
- 4 August at 2pm - VC 1: Key attributes of effective managers
- 6 August at 2pm - VC 2: Communicating with authority
- 11 August at 2pm - VC 3: Transitioning to leadership
- Complimentary post-course clinic (optional)
Complimentary post-course clinic
A month after your course, you will have the opportunity to join the rest of the group for an optional 60-minute session to discuss successes, challenges and best practice. Bring your current issues to the table and let the group, facilitated by an expert business coach and trainer, guide your thinking towards strategic, innovative solutions.
An opportunity to reflect on how far you have come and focus in on what changes and tweaks still need to take place for you to reach your goals.
Coaching package add-on
You can choose to purchase a package of 3x 60-minute coaching sessions with this course, at a discounted price of £150 if purchased together, to help you progress your career and dramatically accelerate your results.
The sessions will run once a week, following the course, to support you in embedding your newly gained knowledge and insights directly into your team and the wider business.
This is a unique opportunity to discuss any issues you are facing with an experienced business coach, who will guide your thinking, strategy and actions to ensure your learning experience has a direct impact on the bottom line.
Book this course with the coaching add-on
Book the coaching package only
Who should attend?
Anyone who has ambitions to be or is moving into a management / leadership role within the next 12 months.
How will I benefit?
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand and be able to apply the key factors required to successfully transition into management
- Create and maintain the appropriate, situation-specific leadership attitude
- Identify personal and organisational values, helping you to support the culture, align your efforts, and convey them internally and externally
- Pinpoint your behavioural style and understand its impact on others, to develop your leadership skills and gravitas
- Apply assertive behaviour to improve communication, build more honest relationships and earn peer and stakeholder respect
- Create a personal brand which builds connection, trust and credibility
- Make meetings work, saving time, money and effort, thereby increasing productivity
- Handle and resolve conflict to improve retention, motivation and reduce stress